We are here to serve you and equip you and your organization with what you need to help victims of exploitation move into a place of thriving. Below are some of our most requested trainings.
1) Exposing and Responding to Human Trafficking (HT 101)—Human trafficking is happening here in your city and community. Presented by a survivor of human trafficking who is now a professional and service provider working with exploited youth, this session is built around the advanced training needed to not only understand trafficking here in the USA, but also how to identify signs of trafficking and create a protocol response once you suspect exploitation exists.
2) Trauma Informed Care: Illuminating the Complex Trauma of Human Trafficking—The trauma that human trafficking perpetrates onto its victims is complex and broad. Presented by a survivor of human trafficking who is now a professional and service provider, this session is built around learning to identify human trafficking with clients you might be working with and understanding the complex trauma victims of trafficking experience. You will leave this session with a greater understanding surrounding the ways the trauma impacts victims of trafficking and tangible ways to respond to their unique needs in a trauma informed way.
3) Mentoring and Trauma—Just as the trauma of human trafficking happens in relationships, it will be through the process of entering healthy relationships that holistic healing can take place. Presented by a survivor of human trafficking who is a highly sought after as a mentor and service provider, this session is built around learning what mentorship is and how it looks when paired with the complex trauma of trafficking. Through hands on engagement and learning effective techniques, you will leave this session with confidence and tools on how to practically utilize mentorship to make a difference in the life of one person.
4) Integrating Narrative Photography into Therapeutic Programing—This session will present a therapeutic model that integrates both narrative photography and narrative therapy within services for survivors of exploitation. Through bridging the gap between photography and therapy, Jessa Crisp has developed a restorative model of helping survivors of human trafficking share their stories in a fashion that has the power to therapeutically heal. At the end of this session, attendees will be able to integrate this model into safe housing programs, mentoring relationships, and the therapeutic office.
5) Engaging in the Journey—Within the anti-trafficking movement, the phenomena of recovery is often being defined as a finish line versus a process of growth. Unfortunately, this thought process has the potential to discourage allies leading to burnout, vicarious trauma, and compassion fatigue. Through authentically looking at the journey a survivor takes from victimization to restoration, this session will practically address the three R’s—relapse, resilience, and recovery. You will be led through laughter and tears into a sacred place where you have a greater understanding of some practical and effective things you can do to help a survivor thrive.
6) Living Beyond the Trauma of Trafficking—When looking at history books, we can see the ways that the past has helped shaped the present. Yet, when it comes to a personal history of trauma, one’s past does not need to define the future. It is possible to live beyond trauma. Through listening to a survivor share her story and authentically looking at the journey she has taken from victimization to restoration, this session will lead you through laughter and tears into a sacred place where you have a greater understanding of some practical and effective things you can do to help a survivor thrive.
7) No Longer unSEEN—In our culture today, human trafficking is often seen as the sensationalized pictures and stories seen in the news. Behind the scenes though, survivors are daily having to fight for their own process of growth, healing, and restoration. This session is built on revealing the unseen elements of the healing process and sharing the secrets to living a fulfilled life in the midst of hurt and disappointments.